Who Is Supporting Students and Entry-Level Workers?
Most boot camps, trade schools, and even college and university programs lack the one-on-one personal attention that students really need. The program is mostly self-study – reading books and watching videos or webinars – and then you work on projects. Who is reviewing that project work? How much time will you get with them? Or are you left wondering if you’re getting it right?
Companies love to hire entry-level workers and those new to CX and UX work, often believing that they are bringing on someone who can carry projects alone. These workplaces rarely have other, higher-level CX workers in place to coach and help the newbie. Instead, the junior is made to feel like they must learn things themselves and “figure it out” to prove that they are hungry, scrappy, a self-starter, a go-getter, and other buzzwords that send the message, “We’re not going to actually teach you anything here.”
Our Low Ego Action Heroes can help students and juniors with:
- Setting career goals.
- Work and reviews.
- Standardization and consistency of work.
- Presentation practice: explaining and defending ideas.
- Distinguishing good books, articles, and self-study materials from garbage that would lead you down the wrong path.
- Learning concepts, skills, and tools.
- Creating and improving your resume, CV, and portfolio.
- Job interview practice and coaching.
- Answering the unanswered questions.
- Benefiting from our years of work experience.
- Advice on dealing with difficult job situations or people
- What sorts of “fake projects” to work on for your portfolio.
- Help with knowing where your strengths and weaknesses are.
- Understanding Lean, Agile, cross-functional teams, and what real projects tend to look like at real companies.
- Help with confidence and dealing with impostor syndrome
Let’s talk! Please book some time to discuss our coaching.
Start With a Free Consultation
Let’s talk about your situation and needs. We can then provide a proposal for how we can offer our Brilliance as a Service on-demand.